The recently completely renovated and deconsecrated church has been converted into a studio and is up and running. The studio is reached directly by a door leading from the house. There has been a church and canonica (priest’s house) on the present site since the 10th Century. The current building, in the romanesque style, was restored by the Rignana community in the 1930’s following an earthquake . The interior has dark blue-green decorative stripes in the Sienese style over the windows, doors and arches. The roof is tile and wood and the floor is patterned with black and white tiles.
The building is vary large and there is approximately 100 square meters of work space.There is a work room with a sink in the old sacrestia which leads out onto a small terrace at the back of the building which links up with the large main terrace of the house.
Each artist will have their own work space in the church with a table, chair, lamp, drawing boards, easel and storage trolley. There is a small intaglio press for those wishing to use it. There is also a projector and screen for showing work and film and some work tools and basic equipment (drill, hammer, nails, chisels, tape. cloths, bins, containers, clips, pins etc).